Child & Child enamel buckle circa 1900

Circa 1900, London

Dimensions: 52.00mm high x 49.00mm wide x 5.00mm deep

The buckle is fabricated in silver and then gilded with an engine turned and light blue enamelled rim. Complete with the original leather bound box.
Child & Child were founded by two brothers Harold and Walter in Seville Street, London in 1880. The firm produced high quality artistic jewellery for a number of well-connected clients including Queen Victoria, King Edward VII and the Tsarina of Russia. By the time the company moved to South Kensington in 1892 their style was increasingly Art Nouveau in design, influenced in part by their association with the Pre-Raphaelites particularly Sir John Everett Millais for whom they also manufactured works. The firms mark of two C's and a sunflower can be seen not only on the back of the original box but also on the front of 35 Thurloe Street, near the Victoria & Albert museum where a number of their pieces are on display.

Dimensions: 52.00mm high x 49.00mm wide x 5.00mm deep

£850.00

   
Child & Child enamel buckle circa 1900